Machu Picchu by bus is one of the most popular and economical solutions to visit the sacred site of Machu Picchu while admiring the incredible vegetation of the tropical jungle area as well as the huge mountains on your way.
Day 1 : CUSCO – AGUAS CALIENTES
At 6:00 to 7:00 am we will start with the pick up of our passengers from their hotels, then we will leave in direction to Hidroeléctrica for approximatively 6 hours.
On the way, we will stop in Santa Teresa to have a delicious lunch in the local restaurants. From here we will descend to the valley of Santa Teresa, and arrive at Hydroelectric station.
At Hidroeléctrica, we begin a walk of 2h30mn (mostly flat) to get to Aguas Calientes. You also have the option to take a train if you don’t want to walk (Not included).
- Once you arrive in Aguas Calientes you will go straight to the accommodation. We advise you to take advantage of the rest of the day to relax on the hot springs
Day 2 : AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Early wake up to have breakfast at the hotel to reach into Machu Picchu on time to see the most iconic Inca constructions almost without people.
From Aguas Caliente, there are two ways to reach to the main entrance of Machu Picchu : By walk or By bus (not included).
Any options you may take, the idea is to reach Machupicchu in the morning when they open it.
- Option1 : By Walk : Walking up to Machupicchu takes 1:20 hours at a regular pace. Start walking at 4:00 am in the morning from Aguas Calientes to the first checkpoint located right at the base of Machu Picchu which open at 5:00. This checkpoint is only for the hikers where you must show your entrance to Machupicchu and your passport after that you have to walk upstairs to Machu Picchu which takes a 45-minute walk you have to make almost 1700 Inca steps The idea to walk up to Machu Picchu is to beat the buses to be the first ones into Machupicchu. Once at the main checkpoint, you go into Machupicchu.
- Option 2 By Bus : If you would like to go up to Machupicchu by bus you must buy a bus ticket in Aguas Calientes a night before. Early in the morning around 4:30 am we go to the bus stations to line up to catch the first buses to Machupicchu. The buses start leaving at 5:30 am from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu, 25 minutes bus ride to the main entrance of Machupicchu. Then we go into Machupicchu when they open at 6:00 o’clock in the morning. (Bus not included)
- Once inside, you have time to enjoy the amazing views and photographing then we provide you with 2 hours of Machupicchu guided tour.
- Then you will have free time to explore Machupicchu on your own.
- After 5 hours in Machupicchu, you must walk back to Hidroelectrica to catch the bus back to Cusco. (the train is also possible, but not included)
MACHU PICCHU ECONOMIC / 2D-1N
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Citadel
- Guide in the Citadel (EN / ES )
- Transport CUSCO – HIDROELECTRICA – CUSCO
- Your Hostel at Aguas Caliente
- 1 breakfast / 1 lunch / 1 dinner