This trek covers a large part of the Huayhuash mountain range and is considered the second most beautiful trek in the world.
Visit the heights around Huaraz with this Huayhuash trek of 4 days that will allow you to see the landscape of the range from privileged points.
During the 4 days you will walk in the heart of the Cordillera Blanca enjoying a beautiful view of the Andean landscapes, passing through ancient Inca trails surrounded by quenuales forests and exotic high Andean flora; as well as rivers with crystalline waters, lagoons and the impressive view that the "Punta Unión" pass offers us of the snow-capped mountains of the Cordillera Blanca such as: Alpamayo, Artesonraju, Taulliraju, Chacraraju, Chopicalqui, Huandoy, Huascarán, among others.
- Day 1: Huaraz - Llamac - Cuartelhuain - Rondoy
First, we will depart from Huaraz at 8 am and drive to the village of Chiquián. Distant views of the Huayhuash. Then, from Chiquián we descend to a cactus and scrub environment and continue to the village of Llamac (3,300m). Lunch. Easy hike through the small villages of Pocpa and Cuartelhuain. We camp at Rondoy (4,200m).
- Day 2: Rondoy Pass - Jahuacocha Lagoon
Duration: 7 hours aprox / Distance: 14 km aprox
Long ascent to the Rondoy Pass (4750m). Awesome views of the Huayhuash peaks, including Yerupaja (6,634m). Descent beside the Solteracocha and the Jahuacocha lakes. Campe in Jahuacocha.
- Day 3: Free day at Laguna Jahuacocha
We can hike up to the Yaucha pass (4,847m), to take a look at the western side of the Cordillera Huayhuash. We also have the option of heading up the Quebrada Rasac valley to the Rasaccocha glacial lake. If you prefer a quiet day we can fish or just rest!
- Day 4: Laguna Jahuacocha - Llamac - Huaraz
Duration: 6 hours aprox / Distance: 14 km aprox
After a gentle descent, we will start our gradual climb to the final pass, Pampa Llamac (4,300m). From there, we will enjoy our final views of the Huayhuash range. Descent back to the Llamac village. A bus will take us back to Huaraz.
HUAYHUASH TREK / 4D-3N
- Transportation from your hotel in Huaraz to the starting point of the trek
- Transportation from the end of the trek to your hotel in Huaraz
- Camping equipment: Good quality mountain tents (2 people per tent), mats, dining tent, kitchen tent, tables, chairs, dishes and kitchen utensils.
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (option for vegetarians).
- Guide: Certified walking guide (English or Spanish) for another language on request.
- Cook trained to prepare varied and healthy dishes.
- Arriero: In charge of loading the donkeys and driving them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys depends on the size of the group. You can carry up to 8 kg of personal items that will be loaded onto the donkeys. During the day you will only carry your backpack with things for personal use.